The Picture House /
The Picture House is an exciting gallery and creative space that required an equally creative visual identity to launch its brand.
Occupying an old Sydney County Council building that was built in 1939, the space was originally used as a showroom to teach housewives the benefits of switching to electricity. It included a theatre upstairs for cooking demonstrations and the capability of showing ‘talking pictures’.
Based on this history, we developed a visual identity reminiscent of the old RKO Pictures ident, with a nod towards the historical use of the building, while maintaining an edgy and contemporary feel. This new brand identity was then applied to signage, stationery, promotional items and exhibition collateral and it heralded in a new time for this old local building.